Healthy Hummus Wednesday!
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas (2 cans organic)
- ¾ -1 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients in your high speed blender
- Start machine on low and increase speed to high
- You may need to use your blender’s plunger or a spatula if there are air pockets to push the chickpeas close to the blades
- Blend on high for a few seconds until hummus is smooth
- Add seasoning to taste once all blended
- drizzle olive oil on to blended hummus
- Store hummus in a sealed container and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour prior to serving.
For the creative:
Try adding green onions, roasted garlic, jalapeno peppers, kale, or roasted red peppers at the last stage of blending for a little creative twist!