Healthy Snacks for you and your kid’s lunch boxes!
Here’s a quick list of groceries for healthy lunch options to add to your child’s lunchbox:
- Try cutting up carrot sticks or buy baby carrots along with some hummus
- Prepare a large bowl of cut mixed fruit ahead of time and pack small containers each day. Doing this ahead of time will save you time and try combining a good combination of your child’s favourite fruits
- Greek Yogurt or regular yogurt. Having fat is ok in your yoghurt but try to opt for a low sugar/no sugar added option
- Tired of sandwiches? Try packing leftovers, especially quinoa bowls or other options that don’t need much warming.
- Water, water, water. Both you and your kids can’t get enough and usually don’t drink enough!
- Trail mix: you can make your own or buy pre-packaged. Opt for natural sources of trail mix and preferably not with additional candies or salty chips in them